Best Tweets from LeBron’s Return to Cleveland
Here we go! LeBron “The King” James announced, through a very mature and insightful letter via Sports Illustrated, that he will return to his adopted hometown of Cleveland, a stone’s throw away from his actual hometown of Akron.
Twitter and the Internet in general went bonkers. Here are some of the funnier tweets surrounding LeBron’s Decision 2.0:
1. Cavs fan be like…
1A. Drake be like…
1B. Captain Touchback, a parody account for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, and vintage LeBron Cavs jersey
2. Heat “fan” be like…
3. D-Wade, waking up from his mid-day nap
4. Katie Nolan, of Fox Sports One, mocking Dan Gilbert’s Comic Sans letter from four years ago. Nice one!
5. I love it when Sports Illustrated’s Richard Dietsch takes a shot at ESPN’s insane 24/7 coverage of LeBron’s Decision 2.0. Just lovely.
6. Peyton’s Head: A parody account about Peyton Manning’s big head, poking fun at D-Wade
7. Captain Touchback on Charles Barkley’s reaction about going to meet Cleveland-area women
8. Kevin Durant to the DMV alert!
9. Now, I follow this guy on Twitter; he’s a cool dude and an actual, legitimate Heat fan, but we ALL knew this was a short-term, “let me win some rings with D-Wade and Chris Bosh”, win-now approach. The response is perfect, “really dude?”
10. HAHAHA Gabrielle Union is gonna save the Heat and her boy D-Wade
10A: Yes, good-bye bandwagon–WOAH THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY
10B: Whenever you use Leonardo DiCaprio in your meme, I approve. And so true.
Welcome home, LeBron.